Tuesday 13 November 2012

My journey to Legoland, Malaysia

Are you a fan of lego?

As for me, I’m not. Maybe because I was not able to play them when I was a kid. 
I don’t have lego toys. haha (poor baby)

Anyway, Legoland Malaysia was launched last September. Before they officially opened, they invited travel agents to join them on their soft opening which we were not able to attend. And so, we have requested for another day of inspection and they were very accommodating to give us ONE PERFECT & FREE SUNDAY.

Excited?. Mmm, not much. As I mentioned, I’m not a fan and not fond of legos.
But I like going to theme parks - the adrenaline rush of taking the rides. Kaya, pwede na din.  
Anyway, how to go there? I asked my housemate who just went there a week earlier and I overheard that there was a FREE bus from JB Central which is 15-20mins away from the theme park. So, this was one of the options.

Another was to ask one of our officemates to go along with him as he would be bringing his own car.

Option 2 won!
Singapore to Legoland Transfer  - Check :)

It was still early (10:00 am) when we arrived at Medini Mall , which is infront of Legoland. The group decided to have breakfast at KFC while waiting for our boss. Unexpectedly, our Malaysian officemate offered me and Kuya Ronald, my colleague, a FREE breakfast. Maybe to show Malaysian hospitality. Hehe

Breakfast – Check :)
When our boss arrived, we met the Legoland Sales Representative who gave us a briefing/ introduction of the place and handed to us the theme park map and the admission ticket.

Legoland Admission Ticket – Check :)


with the Legoland Sales Rep 

 
1 Day Legoland pass
Published Rate - SGD 69/pax (adult)= PHP 2346/pax (ROE as 34)
OUR PROMO RATE - SGD 42/pax (adult)= PHP 1428/pax (ROE as 34)
Seems like we were having a perfect start.

Let’s check out what Legoland Malaysia offers us. 

 
LEGO! real big LEGO structures




I got excited when I saw that there was a diorama of the Philippines but I was also disappointed. Malaysia had Petronas Tower, Singapore had Merlion, India had Taj Mahal, China had the Great Wall, so why have they decided to feature Bolinao? No offense but they should have put the highlight of the country or the famous landmark like Luneta among others.

Philippines, my own native land
 
Putrajaya for Malaysia. Petronas Tower is also featured but I didn't take photo of it. hehe

 
Angkor Wat for Cambodia and Great Wall of China for China of course :p

  
Taj Mahal for India

 
Merlion Park, Singapore Flyer, Clarke Quay are for Singapore
 I have seen the biggest lego structures such as the dioramas of the country’s highlights in Asia (South and South east mainly). We also tried the rides which I think is more suited for young kids. But what I like most were the queues for the rides. Not that long compared to Universal Studios. They were tolerable. But one thing I didn't like was the extreme heat. Be sure to bring umbrella, hat or fan to avoid heat stroke. hehe

11:30 am came, our boss sent us SMS to meet them.  They asked us if we want to join them for a Korean BBQ lunch in JB city center and go with them to Singapore after. But, we chose to stay. Surprisingly, they gave each of us MYR 50/ pax = PHP 750/pax for our lunch.

Not bad :) Not bad at all! :)

Yahoo!
Lunch – Check :)
After checking out the place, me and Ronald decided to take our lunch outside the park to have more restaurant selection. We told Michael, our colleague who gave us the free SIN/ LEGOLAND transfer that we will not go back with him and his family to Singapore. I thought of taking the FREE bus going back to JB Central.
We had our lunch at Manhattan Fish Market and ordered the Grill gala platter (if I remember it right), Cala Cala for me and the Citrus Mint for Kuya Ronald.

Chow

Total of RM 52 with the drinks = PHP 780
















Burp burp!

Now, how to go back to Singapore?
There' a free bus right?. Let’s go and find that bus.

We asked the traffic enforcer at the Coach Bay but he said there was none. We can just wait instead for the Causeway Link bus going to JB Central which is RM 4.50/ pax = PHP 68/pax. And so we waited for it. There were also cabs on standby which is offer RM 50/ car = PHP 750/car for a trip back to JB Central. We didn’t take it. We opted to wait for the Causeway Link bus.

15mins passed.
20mins passed.

We decided to ask around some more and observe the flow of people. We went to the bus parking lot/ coach bay and saw the "Resorts World Singapore Bus". 

Maybe this was the Free bus.
We tried our luck.
We smiled at the driver, hop in, sit and relax.
It's fine. Hindi kami sinita.
Maybe this was really the Free Bus that my housemate told me, or if it's not, we can just pay on the spot. We will just wait for the driver/ conductor to ask us the bus fare. But we settled with the idea that this is a FREE Resorts World bus. They would probably drop us in the Resorts World Area Singapore to attract more tourist to visit the place.

Then suddenly the bus driver stood up,  started to count the passengers. Sigh! Not to collect our fare. hehehe

We were giggling along the way until we reach the Golden Mile Terminal where the bus stopped. 

Legoland to Singapore - check :) and :(

We were surprised why did it stop in GMT and not in RWS. Looking closely at at the bus, it was a Transtar Bus painted with the Resorts World Singapore. So it was not a free ride afterall. But honest to goodness, we didn't know.

 
This is our story.
My story of my Legoland Experience.



For discounted Legoland Tickets, you may drop me an email or leave a comment below.
You can book your roundtrip transfer through Transtar - SGD 20/ pax (SIN/ Legoland/ SIN).


Legoland Malaysia, Sep 2012

2 comments:

  1. Let me also add Johor Transport to the list of Legoland transport services you can hire when coming from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete